Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Stuff I'm Doing

Another thing I’ve forgotten to blog about is the work we are doing here in Bangkok. Basically we are doing documentary video projects around the city, and in the future we will travel around Thailand. That’s our main work. Cory and I are also trying to find time to do sketches for a three story wall mural we want to paint before we leave. And last but not least, each of us, Brandon, Cory and I, take turns teaching English in the Center. The first two times I taught I hade about 2 minutes warning, but it actually turned out to be pretty fun. My favorite thing to do is to draw diagrams of the mouth to illustrate how to correctly pronounce consonants. My newest method is to split the word up into consonant and vowel sounds and have them ununciate each sound by itself. I then try to get them to do it faster and faster until they can say the word. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. OK, that’s pretty much my work in a nutshell. Oh yeah I several weekends ago we went to Pattaya Prison and Cory and I drew caricatures of the prisoners. Ok, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment